Thursday, December 13, 2018

#2198 "August Showers"

Wednesday August 8th, 2018 was a very similar day to Friday November 2nd, 2018 when I actually painted this skyscape. It had been raining for a couple of days and I needed to paint. It was far too wet outside so I worked in the studio in front of a merry fire in the wood stove.. Life is very good.

A series of thunderstorms were poised to cross Singleton Lake on Wednesday August 8th, 2018. I had just returned from the Dumoine River CPAWS DRAW and this late afternoon sky caught my eye. I was far too tired to paint en plein air but I stashed the image away for a rainy day. Such a day came on November 2nd, 2018.

The bubbling cumulus towers climbed to great heights. Showers swept across Singleton Lake in waves. I wanted to capture the same energy on this little panel. Art is all about energy and making memories and of course, having fun.

For this and much more art, please click on Pixels. Thank you!
  For this and much more art, please click on Pixels. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2845 "Female Snowy Owl"

#2845 "Female Snowy Owl" 18x14 oils on stretched canvas Started Saturday, February 17th, 2024 This female snowy owl had a whimsica...