Sunday, October 29, 2017

#2002 "Killbear Flagged Pines at Sunset"

After completing #2001 "Killbear Sunset Across the Twin Points", I simply turned the easel clockwise to view the shoreline of Killbear to the northwest. The trees of the Killbear coast were heavily flagged with the onshore winds. The light from the setting sun was stunning. There were several people taking pictures of me painting. I guess that they do not see plein air painters very often. One person remarked on the weather and said at least it was not raining. These were very true words given that Ontario had essentially remained in a long wave trough position for several years. The best part of the summer of 2017 was still to arrive.

It was getting dark and I was all by myself when I finished. I could barely see the panel in the dark. It was time to quit for the day. There was a lot of paint applied to this small and slippery panel.
  Click to go to Chadwick Art... Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2851 "Water Stalker"

#2851 "Water Stalker" 20x16 inches oils on canvas Started April 10th, 2024 A very large great blue heron was on the rocky shore of...