Thursday, January 25, 2018

#0632 "Morning Light - Piney Woods"

From Tuesday July 29th, 2003...

I spent the morning in the Christmas tree plantation that had gotten a bit out of control. The Christmas trees were now thirty feet tall and even too big for Chevy Chase and Christmas Vacation. The wild life loved it though. This forest was immediately south of Watershed Farm on the 12th Concession of King Township. We had planted a lot of trees on our property as well but they were manly slow growing hard woods more suitable for the Oak Ridges Moraine.


I really struggled with this one. I liked it better about an hour before I last touched it with a brush. Trees were moved and added to fill in the forest. The colours were really there in the morning sunlight at one time or another. This painting took me all morning and tired me out!

  Click to go to Chadwick Art... Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2851 "Water Stalker"

#2851 "Water Stalker" 20x16 inches oils on canvas Started April 10th, 2024 A very large great blue heron was on the rocky shore of...