Friday, May 4, 2018

#0148 "Nelson and Eleanor"

Yes... I do portraits... but not many.
These portraits were composed from separate sittings and then married into one portrait as a surprise for their 40th Wedding Anniversary on May 4th, 1986. I am afraid that I overworked it a bit! Perfection can be over-rated. There was a lot of very subtle variations in tone and colour and I tried to capture them all. I probably should have let some of those details go. I do not attempt many portraits.

This was painted in the upstairs guest room of our home on Western Avenue in Schomberg Ontario. The studio under the stairs was much too dark and lacked the proper lighting.
 For this and much more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2851 "Water Stalker"

#2851 "Water Stalker" 20x16 inches oils on canvas Started April 10th, 2024 A very large great blue heron was on the rocky shore of...