Friday, November 16, 2018

#2170 "Dumoine La Chute Portage"

Canoe trippers would not want to miss this take out at the head of the Grande Chute. The two rocks on the shore marked the start of the portage. The rapids on the right side of the painting were the point of no return.

The clouds told the story of strong southwesterly winds. Horizontal rolls were spinning the clouds into horizontal vortices. The circulations were complex but without the cloud they would have been invisible. There where some showers associated with the bright white clouds that where further to the north. The rain started just as I finished. The rain continued and slowly got heavier until torrential rain with thunder and lightning lulled me off to sleep. It was a good night to retire early after a relaxing au natural swim in Robinson Lake. Apparently there was even a tornado warning for the Dumoine. My camp stayed mainly dry.

I actually really liked the brighter colours that resulted from working on an untinted canvas. I should do this more often. My artist friend Mark Patton gave me this canvas for a coffee since he knew I was getting low of surfaces to paint on.

For this and much more art, please click on Pixels.
 For this and much more art, please click on Pixels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2851 "Water Stalker"

#2851 "Water Stalker" 20x16 inches oils on canvas Started April 10th, 2024 A very large great blue heron was on the rocky shore of...