Sunday, November 25, 2018

#2179 "Number 2 Almein Drive"

This was the first morning of Paint the Town 2018. The town was Kingston and the event was part of the International Plein Air Painters (IPAP) Worldwide Paint Out held for three days, Friday through Sunday in early September every year since 2001. IPAP was founded in 2001 with the belief that plein air painters should have an organization with no regional ties and no border restrictions - artists without borders. I am happy to be a Charter and Signature (Honours) Member and I don't belong to much.

We were painting in the Williamsville District of Kingston. I do not normally paint homes. I do not wish to intrude on the owners and their property. It was really hot for September so I found a shady spot in Elder Park. Alemein Drive wraps the park into a neat package. I set up my easel to paint Number 2 Almein Drive. The owner came out and said hello and then went on her way. I was very comfortable in the shade of the tall, old trees.

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.
 For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2851 "Water Stalker"

#2851 "Water Stalker" 20x16 inches oils on canvas Started April 10th, 2024 A very large great blue heron was on the rocky shore of...