Tuesday, January 8, 2019

#2207 "Singleton Afternoon Thunderstorm"

I had just gotten back from a week of painting on the Dumoine with CPAWS. I was still a bit tired. I watched this thunderstorm roll in from the southwest. I should have gone out and painted it right then and there but I took a photo to put this in my back pocket for a rainy day. That wet weather arrived in November. The colours of any storm are special. There were earth tones in this base of this particular thunderstorm and all of these reflected in the calm waters of Singleton Lake. There is indeed a calm before most storms.

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

#3041 "September Morn Ancient Red Cedars"

#3041 "September Morn Ancient Red Cedars" 10 X 12 (inches) oil on canvas. Started September 10th, 2026 I was out early in the morn...