Monday, January 21, 2019

#2211 "1000 Islands Village Chapel"

It snowed lightly as I painted this. I was supposed to be in the Ballroom of the beautiful 1000 Islands Village demonstrating my style of art but I wasn't feeling it. So I just went outside. I was not far from the Ballroom and I asked my fellow artists to point any visitors my way. Most of the attendees were artists - perhaps they all were. In any event I had a great time talking and visiting with the guests while I painted.

I decided to paint the very beautiful Chapel through the screen of two very large and old red oak trees. The painting was intended to capture the moment and the feel for the place. Before I left for the evening I went inside to listen to the unbelievable organ being played. The Chapel is truly a special jewel of a place for countless reasons.

Art is all about capturing the feel of the place. The location is beautiful so any short-comings in the art is the result of my brushwork and not the location.

I had painted at 1000 Islands Village in the spring as well - #2092 "1000 Islands Village" .

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you!
 For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2850 "Mrs Blue Bird"

#2850 "Missus Blue Bird" 14 (height) X 18 (width) inches oils on canvas Started April 3rd, 2024 I have constructed several hundred...