Sunday, August 25, 2019

#2249 "Misty Down the Dumoine Chute"

I did not move after painting #2248 "Grande Chute Foggy Sunrise". This time I looked more down the Dumoine channel and into the canyon. It was still foggy and dark in the deeper portions of the valley. The tops of the fog were turning into bright and white cumulus billows.
The sounds, colours and lighting were as turbulent as the current. The best I could hope for was an impression of the tumultuous scene. I used a lot of paint on this smooth and slippery surface.

As has been my custom for a few years, I scratched my name in the wet paint and dotted the "i" with a stab of cadmium red.

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.
 For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2851 "Water Stalker"

#2851 "Water Stalker" 20x16 inches oils on canvas Started April 10th, 2024 A very large great blue heron was on the rocky shore of...