Wednesday, August 28, 2019

#2251 "Dumoine Daisies"

The Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society (CPAWS) supported DRAW (Dumoine River Art for Wilderness) 2019 started on Wednesday July 31st. We were all eco-artists trying to assist with the awareness of the importance of wilderness in modern society. August 1st was the first day of painting.

The August sun was intense and I needed to retreat from the UV glare. I headed into the shadows on the southeast side of the Grand Chute Bridge. A selection of wild flowers in various stages of growth and decay were all I needed. There were some small clusters of purplish blue flowers that I could not identify. Little bugs landed in the paint and occasionally buzzed around my head and were slightly indifferent to my Dragonfly Wingman.
I tried to rescue the bugs and was sometimes successful. For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.
 For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2851 "Water Stalker"

#2851 "Water Stalker" 20x16 inches oils on canvas Started April 10th, 2024 A very large great blue heron was on the rocky shore of...