Friday, November 22, 2019

#2294 "Georgian Bay Gravity Waves"

The warm conveyor belt moisture had gradually thickened up during the day. The September sun still packed an incredible amount of heat. I had to step into the shade of the foliage in order to observe my subject matter and then back toward the panel to paint what I saw. Sunset was still almost two hours away and it was still very warm and bright even with the thickening warm conveyor belt cloud.

The easterly cold conveyor belt had intensified. There was a seiche effect on the beach that lowered the water level by maybe as much as a foot. I was painting the eastern flank of the warm conveyor belt which turns clockwise as it rises on its northward journey.

The clouds reveal the wavelength nature of the atmosphere. Weather is a fluid and everything occurs in waves and waves are formed by gravity. Everything is connected in nature and sometimes the feed-back mechanisms are stronger than the force that created them.

I barbequed my supper while I finished this painting of the approaching September storm. This was my last plein air painting of this Georgian Bay trip.

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2851 "Water Stalker"

#2851 "Water Stalker" 20x16 inches oils on canvas Started April 10th, 2024 A very large great blue heron was on the rocky shore of...