Friday, November 29, 2019

#2297 "Lyndhurst United"

I participated again in the Lyndhurst Art Trail - 2019 Culture Days Tour. I have participated in Culture Day events from almost the very start. I forget which year exactly but I always agree to help however I might be able to. Culture Days was initiated by the Canadian Arts Summit in 2010.

The United Church was founded in 1925 as a merger of four Protestant denominations with a total combined membership of about 600,000 members. But times are changing. Small towns and rural areas are shrinking as people migrate to the cities. "Country living is the life for me" to quote "Green Acres" and Eddie Albert. This particular United Church went up for sale in November 2019.

I thought that my subtle and simple title implied more about the common goals of the revitalized community of Lyndhurst than religion.

The cirrus from the next storm was already flooding in from the west but it would not rain on our parade. Sunday was a beautiful day in the country. I do not often paint looking into the light but this scene caught my eye. I had just a bit more time left in Culture Days 2019 so I decided I had better not waste it.

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2853 "Song Sparrow Sing"

#2853 "Song Sparrow Sing" 20x16 inches oils on canvas. Start Monday, April 15th, 2024 I could almost hear the song of the sparrow ...