Thursday, December 5, 2019

#0734 "Snow Puzzle"

It was late in the afternoon. I headed out behind the barn of Watershed Farm on the 12th Concession of King Township. I wanted to catch the last heavy snowfall before it melted away. I simply stood just a bit to the east of the huge Manitoba maple and painted looking toward the bird bath. The strong shadow of the Manitoba maple shifted like a sundial as I painted. The different shapes and sizes of light between the shadows of the branches reminded me of a puzzle. Thus the title. It was a beautiful afternoon spent outside in nature.

There are countless different shades of white and blue. I used them all in this little painting. I also use the snow as a handy place to store the brushes that I am working with. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2851 "Water Stalker"

#2851 "Water Stalker" 20x16 inches oils on canvas Started April 10th, 2024 A very large great blue heron was on the rocky shore of...