Tuesday, January 14, 2020

#0740 "Hot Water"

This is looking northwestward from just north of the Watershed Farmhouse at the very crest of the Oak Ridges Moraine and one kilometer north of Hammertown.

It was extremely hot and I had worked all day. I needed a digression so I reverted to my favourite pond. The water was hot and I am sure that all of nature was sweating it out like I was. By early August we have already had 30 days of 30 degree Celsius plus temperatures. It was 4.30 in the afternoon and I knew my hard-working wife would work late so I decided to paint so I wouldn't notice the passage of time and get annoyed... I just painted. My wife was like me and stayed to work overtime to get the job done even though it would be unrecognized and certainly unpaid. There were a few small black flies which were having a meals on me. My skin was medium rare in the heat.

The title is after a Jimmy Buffett song and album...

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2851 "Water Stalker"

#2851 "Water Stalker" 20x16 inches oils on canvas Started April 10th, 2024 A very large great blue heron was on the rocky shore of...