Thursday, January 30, 2020

#2299 "Sunny Snowy Long Reach Afternoon"

Sometimes the first painting after a long absence is the best. You might have some thick oils to use as well as some pent up energy. I was very hopeful as I headed out looking for inspiration. The afternoon sun felt good on my back. The sounds of the forest birds were music to my ears. The nuthatches seem to make the most chuckling sounds. Two trumpeter swans were in the front yard so I painted on the other side of the home so as not to bother them. The swans were used to us but I still give them their privacy.

I have painted the white pine tree tunnel portion of Long Reach several times before but every day is a new challenge. The three tall white pines guard the hill that the lane must climb in order to get to Long Reach. I painted fast many loose. There were about six inches of snow down on the field. Grasses and brush poked through that blanket of snow in a random fashion. It was fun! There was not much sun in December and more cloud was pushing northeastward across Lake Ontario with a warm conveyor belt. I finished up just as it clouded over. I went inside to attend to my Honey Do list. Washing the floors to get ready for Christmas was next on my list and it was a workout!

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2851 "Water Stalker"

#2851 "Water Stalker" 20x16 inches oils on canvas Started April 10th, 2024 A very large great blue heron was on the rocky shore of...