Monday, November 22, 2021

#2555 "Parry Island Tower"


#2555 "Parry Island Tower" 11"x14"

This iconic light is on the northern tip of Parry Island - due west of the city of Parry Sound. I painted on a slippery, smooth panel and resisted the urge to push the oils around too much. 

The light was photographed by my friend Cam at 4:00 pm on Sunday September 19th, 2021 looking eastward from very near N45.347004 W80.096448 . Before COVID I had accompanied Cam on a similar SeaDoo Tour that he calls "Cam's Capture the Flags Seadoo Cruise".Cam was referring to the flagged pine trees that I love to paint. I had been in front of that rock on Franklin Island in September 2019. 

This light is a familiar beacon to all that enjoy the Georgian Bay archipelago. It was a gorgeous autumn day. This is another Ro-Lak-Tree (a name I made up) Painting. I am repeating the Group of Seven Canadian Identity adventure of painting Canadian rocks, lakes and trees during COVID 2021. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

#2851 "Water Stalker"

#2851 "Water Stalker" 20x16 inches oils on canvas Started April 10th, 2024 A very large great blue heron was on the rocky shore of...