Sunday, March 13, 2022

#2605 "Cold Winter Saplings"

#2605 "Cold Winter Saplings"
4.75 (height) x 5 (width) by 1/2 depth (inches)

It was cloudy, cold and windy with significant wind chill factors so I spent another day in the Singleton Studio. Environment Canada had issued an Extreme Cold Warning: A period of very cold wind chills is expected. Hazard: Wind chill values near minus 35. 

These scenes are from beside the Singleton Studio on the edge of the provincially significant wetland. The beech saplings hang on to their leaves all winter which explains the bright spots on this small panel. I was still playing with the small, smooth and slippery MDF panels. 

The snow in this series of small panels is the result of the winter storm of January 17th and 18th. A very significant 40 to 50 cm of snow paralyzed Toronto and area for a couple of days. I cleared our part of the one km lane with my tractor but the Snow Removal Contractor did not arrive for three days. Linda and I were happily snow bound. The tractor could have easily done the entire lane but I would rather paint... plus we were under quarantine anyway. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

#2853 "Song Sparrow Sing"

#2853 "Song Sparrow Sing" 20x16 inches oils on canvas. Start Monday, April 15th, 2024 I could almost hear the song of the sparrow ...