Monday, May 9, 2022

#2633 "Memories of Lingering Snow and Other Things"

#2633 "Memories of Lingering Snow and Other Things"
11x14 oils

I was attracted by the bits of snow that remained among the trees on the sheltered, northern flanks of the Singleton ridges. 

There was certainly not much snow left but apparently some reinforcements were on the way with the weather. I wanted to be outside between the periods of rain in order to experience the sounds of spring in the air. The entire cast of characters were on hand except for the biting bugs. 

The "other things" in the title are many and diverse and too numerous to write down. I was thinking about the beauty to be found even in the greys and browns under the melted snow. I pondered that there is a cycle of life to the seasons and art. I was thinking of my Father who passed on this March day back in 2001 before 911. I thought of how the world had changed since my youth in Brockville and the horror of 911 to the present day in the Ukraine. 

The meaning of life even flitted through my thoughts. Enjoying life comes down to appreciating the simple things, being useful and perhaps keeping the bullies and negativity out of your personal sanctuary. For me, life has become about surrounding the sanctuary with nature and art. I keep painting, creating something and then trying to make a better creation. If I can keep doing that until I die, then I figure that must be a pretty good life... I can't change the world as much as I would like too... 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

#2851 "Water Stalker"

#2851 "Water Stalker" 20x16 inches oils on canvas Started April 10th, 2024 A very large great blue heron was on the rocky shore of...