Saturday, August 27, 2022

#2675 "Sanctuary Studio Fawn"

#2675 "Sanctuary Studio Fawn"
16x20 inches oils

This was the latest arrival to the Singleton Sanctuary. The fawn was born at the sign to my Studio. I was headed out to the forest but saw this vision in front of me. I took some quick pictures and then backed up so as not to disturb the new family. The doe was still in the process of licking and cleaning her new-born fawn. The fawn was barely standing on spindly legs. The time was 9:15 am on Tuesday June 7th, 2022. I sent the image to my family. My Brother wondered if I knew an artist who might turn it into a painting. I also posted the image on FaceBook and several people mentioned the same thing. 

A couple of days later, the weather was really wet and stormy so I went into the Singleton Studio and this is the result. A large snapping turtle was nesting just outside the Studio so I decided to stay quiet inside painting until she was done. 

I moved the signage closer to the new family and changed the weeds into daisies. I also signed "Chadwick" on the sign and placed it to the right so there would not be quite enough space for the signature as has been my habitual signature for a few years now. I also placed a red dot where it would be in my signature as a kind of quiet, inside joke. The little skunk friend of Bambi was named Daisy so the story all ties together into a neat package. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

#2854 "Eastern Meadowlark"

#2854 "Eastern Meadowlark" 14x18 inches oils on canvas Started April 19th, 2024 Sadly, I rarely see a meadowlark anymore within th...