Sunday, December 4, 2022

#2718 "The Eve of Remembering"

#2718 "The Eve of Remembering"
10x12 by 1/2 inch in-depth smooth panel oils

The following day would be Remembrance Day. It is a special day even though I think of my parents pretty much every day anyway. I still wear the light plaid jacket that we had given my Father in 1999 a couple of years before he passed. I think of him every time I put it on. 

The cirrus with this system originated with a winter storm over the Nickel Belt. I watched atmospheric swells spreading southward in the sunset sky. The swells were rippling outward from that northern disturbance. There were smaller, wind-induced gravity waves embedded on top of the swells. 

The rain from Hurricane Nicole was still a day away to the south. Nicole made landfall as a Category 1 hurricane just south of Florida's Vero Beach early on Thursday, the day before Friday and Remembrance Day. Nicole quickly weakened into a tropical storm hitting the state with heavy rains and widespread, strong winds. 

Hurricane Nicole 2022

The combination of Hurricanes Ian and Nicole across Florida might finally emphasize that waterfront property in Florida is a poor investment as it is reclaimed by the oceans. 

I used a very smooth panel and concentrated on mixing the right colours and simply laying them in place. The oils were very thick on the surface and provided a lot of texture. This is meant to be a pair for #2719 "Lofty Altocumulus Singleton Sunset". 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels.

Warmest regards and keep your paddle in the water,

Phil Chadwick


No comments:

Post a Comment

#2854 "Eastern Meadowlark"

#2854 "Eastern Meadowlark" 14x18 inches oils on canvas Started April 19th, 2024 Sadly, I rarely see a meadowlark anymore within th...