Saturday, April 15, 2023

#2752 "October Singleton Lily Pads"

#2752 "October Singleton Lily Pads"
10x8 inches oils on canvas

The shadow across the lily pad in the lower front right of the painting was from my canoe paddle. I intentionally included that unexplained line as subtle evidence that I was there. I used this subject matter to loosen up with the oils. 

I often pause while I am out paddling just to float along and study the lily pads. They are rich in colour and form. I thought that I could string out a series of these pads from the eastern bay of Singleton Lake. 

It was still very much winter outside so I enjoyed my time in the Singleton Sanctuary Studio in front of the Pacific Energy wood stove listening to the tunes. A winter storm was on the way. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels.

Warmest regards and keep your paddle in the water,

Phil Chadwick


No comments:

Post a Comment

#2854 "Eastern Meadowlark"

#2854 "Eastern Meadowlark" 14x18 inches oils on canvas Started April 19th, 2024 Sadly, I rarely see a meadowlark anymore within th...