Saturday, October 7, 2023

#2814 "Bonanza Log Barn in the Rain"

#2814 "Bonanza Log Barn in the Rain"
Oils on 7x5 inch canvas panel

The rain arrived and I looked around. Everyone was gone. It was almost noon on the Holiday Monday so perhaps it was the lunch bell and not the patter of rain that encouraged the other artists to depart the scene. 

I had come to paint and the torrential rain had not yet arrived. I quickly spread some linseed oil on the small canvas panel and painted on. I stayed in the same location as when I painted #2813 "Dumoine Bonanza Before the Rain" not wishing to waste any time. 

The rain can sometimes add nice effects to the oils. I decided to zoom in on the front door of the log barn. A large window frame with most of the panes of glass broken was leaning against the barn's front wall, which probably dated back to a time even earlier than "Joe Madore's Inn" and the 1940's. 

The patter of rain gradually transformed to a torrent as I painted. It was a good thing that I was wearing my bathing suit. 
Stompin' Tom Connors performed at the Bonanza

Done like dinner... or lunch maybe. 
This is number twenty-two of twenty-eight paintings I completed en plein air at CPAWS DRAW 2023. It was a wonderful experience with a terrific group of people. https://cpaws-ov-vo.org/draw-retreat-artists/ A portion of sales from this endeavour will go to support CPWAS and keep the wild in the wilderness. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. To go to the Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society Collection on Fine Art America, click here

Warmest regards and keep your paddle in the water,

Phil Chadwick 

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2854 "Eastern Meadowlark"

#2854 "Eastern Meadowlark" 14x18 inches oils on canvas Started April 19th, 2024 Sadly, I rarely see a meadowlark anymore within th...