Wednesday, March 28, 2018

#0362 "Steppin' Out"

This painting was completed July 12, 1993. I keep an updated art record that is possibly unique in the world. Visual Basic is used to keep it current. Software I have written also keeps track of paintings that I have Blogged about and those published on Pixels. Without this coding I would quickly lose track of what has been published out of the 2078 paintings. This older painting got published today.
Linda wanted a painting of chickens... These chickens were on the farm of the horse people near Aurora when I went to do the study for the painting of their horses which I completed as #0339 "A Little R and R".

The birds were friendly as chickens go but at the moment, the rooster and hen were destined for the open field. Why? I have no answer for that just like when chicken cross the road. I used the cedar fence of the horse paddock to frame the chickens. They had personality and a purpose behind their stroll. Maybe they were going to the chicken dance.
 For this and more paintings...

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2849 "Wood Ducks Standing on the Log By the Bay"

#2849 "Wood Ducks Standing on the Log By the Bay" 14x18 inches oils on stretched canvas  Started Friday March 29th, 2024  The titl...