Thursday, March 29, 2018

#0378 "Radiant Sunflower"

Another oldie but goodie from 1995... Looking back I wonder how I found so much time to paint. It must have been the shiftwork and the avoidance of television and golf...
An unusually bright and large sunflower from our garden in early August 1995. The red background is the side of the old bank barn of Watershed Farm on the 12th Concession of King Township. The garden was a tangle of sunflowers and perennials that we tried to give a good home to. There were years of painting from that garden except that I was still working full time with meteorology. I hope that Vincent would have appreciated this effort. I have painted quite a few sunflowers in my day with more on the way. Fore more flowers, here is my flower gallery...
Friday March 30th, 2018 will be the 165 birthday of Vincent Van Gogh. That is why I posted this sunflower today. I was a hundred years after Vincent and still catching up.
 For this and other art...

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2849 "Wood Ducks Standing on the Log By the Bay"

#2849 "Wood Ducks Standing on the Log By the Bay" 14x18 inches oils on stretched canvas  Started Friday March 29th, 2024  The titl...