Wednesday, August 21, 2019

#0535 "Summer Pasture"

This is a sister for "Bee Pasture" (#0510). It was painted looking east only about 20 feet from the site of "Bee Pasture". I wanted to paint the Queen Anne's Lace or Wild Carrot and there was a nice clump of it in the pasture immediately to the west of the family room.
There is also some trefoil and emergent golden rod as well as some other colourful stuff I could not identify. It was bloody hot - about 34 Celsius and the sweat trickled constantly down my back as I painted. There were some bees working the trefoil.
I will harvest that honey later in the week. I love to watch the comings and goings of my bees. What made this honey special was that I did not interfere with the work of the bees. The honey from each frame went into its own jar and was never blended with the honey from other frames. The bees know what they are doing. 


I threw the ball for the family Chesapeake to keep her happy and entertained. She was sprayed by a skunk last evening and deserved some fun. Every now and again I could still smell that skunky smell but I don't think it was the dog. The Chesapeake was the Chief Security Guard for Watershed Farm.

From Monday, July 23, 2001... pre 911.

 For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.
  For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2851 "Water Stalker"

#2851 "Water Stalker" 20x16 inches oils on canvas Started April 10th, 2024 A very large great blue heron was on the rocky shore of...