Sunday, September 1, 2019

#2255 "Dumoine Goat Island Misty Sunrise"

This was Day Two of the Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society (CPAWS) supported DRAW (Dumoine River Art for Wilderness) 2019.

After completing #2254 "Grande Chute Portage Take Out" I grabbed a smooth panel and painted looking across Goat Island and into the sun. The backlit colours were muted but I was after the quick impression concentrating on the crepuscular rays and the light. Everything in the scene was turbulent and fleeting.

As I painted I glanced upstream and was surprised to see a large pair of ears swimming eastward across the Dumoine channel. The ears morphed into a large and very beautiful cow moose. I paused my frantic brush work to savour the moment. You can't buy memories like this.

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.
 For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2854 "Eastern Meadowlark"

#2854 "Eastern Meadowlark" 14x18 inches oils on canvas Started April 19th, 2024 Sadly, I rarely see a meadowlark anymore within th...