Monday, November 11, 2019

#2289 "Georgian Bay Warm Sector Clouds"

The warm sector of the September storm was well entrenched over Parry Island. Temperatures were in the low twenties and the swimming was great. The water was just a bit chilly.

The warm conveyor belt is typically still active in the warm sector of the storm. Higher potential temperature air originating from further to the south continues to rise as it heads northward through the meteorological dance that comprises the September storm. Gravity waves in this high altocumulus clouds attracted me as my friend Cam worked on supper. I did not want to waste a moment of this Georgian Bay experience. A humming bird was curious about my painting and hovered a foot in front of my face. It really wanted to visit the marigold flowers although I pretended that it was viewing my painting. There were some distant thunderstorms well to the west.

There is actually a channel just past the boats tied to docks on the right side of the painting. I was surprised that this channel was almost a worm-hole in time and space that led directly to Killbear where I had painted a few years before. The trip to Killbear by road from Parry Sound is a drive of an hour or more. The trip to Killbear via boat from Canine Cove might be five minutes.

I used a lot of paint on this small, smooth and slippery surface. It was fun even though art can be work - just as it said on my T-shirt.

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2854 "Eastern Meadowlark"

#2854 "Eastern Meadowlark" 14x18 inches oils on canvas Started April 19th, 2024 Sadly, I rarely see a meadowlark anymore within th...