Sunday, November 10, 2019

#2288 "Parry Island Canine Cove Cabin"

The showers were over so I moved back out to the dock of Canine Cove Cabin on Parry Island.
The gusty southwesterly winds of the warm sector were still blowing with considerable vigour. Those winds actually blew a small cardboard box containing some paper towels and brushes off the dock. I went swimming to retrieve them. I only leave footprints behind when I paint en plein air. The waters of Georgian Bay were cooler than those of Singleton Lake. Even so I went swimming a few times.

I decided to do an architectural painting of Canine Cove Cabin to leave for my friend Cam in appreciation for the visit to Parry Sound. The midday sky was still grey from the clouds of the warm sector. A yearling black bear cub was curious about my choice of pigments. The bear came out on the dock and examined the unusual sight of a plein air painter for a few moments. I scrambled to get a picture of the bear peering at me from the foot of the dock. I was too slow. I did manage to get a picture of the bear as he inspected the neighbour's property.
The bear was just curious and did not object to my choice of painting.

I included the Rock Man sitting on the granite ledge in front of Canine Cove Cabin. The aluminum boat was overturned and was used by a mink for a convenient shelter. I also included the two Muskoka chairs. Bricks were sitting on those chairs to keep them in place. My shirt says that art is work and I believe that to be very true indeed.

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2854 "Eastern Meadowlark"

#2854 "Eastern Meadowlark" 14x18 inches oils on canvas Started April 19th, 2024 Sadly, I rarely see a meadowlark anymore within th...