Wednesday, December 11, 2019

#0701 "Canonto Cold Advection Stratocumulus"

I was staying at the Marcotte Cottage on Canonto Lake. I wanted to paint somewhere that I had not been before and these beautiful waterways were perfect. I painted non stop for a week.

The cold front that crossed Canonto Lake overnight with thunderstorms was followed by much colder air and streets of stratocumulus rolls. I had a strong headwind to paddle to a small island in the northern basin of Canonto Lake. I parked on the south end of the small island and painted looking south-southeast at a bit of an angle to the northwesterly stratocumulus rolls. The wind was at my back and the sun was not quite high enough to be a problem.

I started painting before 9 am after I managed to set my easel up on a couple of rocks. I painted until almost noon. I found corroded wire rims from some long, lost glasses where I pulled Margaritaville, my green Kevlar Prospector canoe up on some rocks. I also found an old 7-Up bottle and a beer stubby. Art does pay!

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2851 "Water Stalker"

#2851 "Water Stalker" 20x16 inches oils on canvas Started April 10th, 2024 A very large great blue heron was on the rocky shore of...