Thursday, December 12, 2019

#0702 "The Rock in the Bay"

I was staying at the Marcotte Cottage on Canonto Lake. I wanted to paint somewhere that I had not been before and these beautiful waterways were perfect. I painted non stop for a week.

I stood on a tiny granite rock island just to the north of the island pictured in number 0698 "Canonto Island". This scene is painted looking toward the south-south-west starting at 8:30 am. There was a cold northerly breeze blowing and it was only 11 Celsius - not typical holiday August weather. The sky was full of gray cumulus clouds. There were a few towering cumulus stirred in for good effect that dropped just enough rain to make it really cool. The water was warm but the air was not. Sometimes evapourative cooling is not your friend.

I pretty well finished the painting from my granite perch but bailed around noon to warm up at the Marcotte Cottage. The "rock" in the title could refer to either my perch or the rock island. There were some nice patches on moss on the larger granite rock.

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2851 "Water Stalker"

#2851 "Water Stalker" 20x16 inches oils on canvas Started April 10th, 2024 A very large great blue heron was on the rocky shore of...