Thursday, December 19, 2019

#0743 "Cone Heads"

This is looking southward at the front garden of Watershed Farm on the 12th Concession of King Township at the very crest of the Oak Ridges Moraine. The mid morning sunlight felt wonderful on my back. We loved these particular flowers. They added some colour to the garden which I re-edged every year as part of my chores - not a job I looked forward to. The family Maine Coon cat kept me company and was also enjoying the garden. She continued to miss her life-long companion, the Chesapeake as we all did.

The title is meant to be a bit humourous after the weird aliens called coneheads but it is also close to the official name of the "Purple Coneflower" (Echinacea Angustifolia).

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2851 "Water Stalker"

#2851 "Water Stalker" 20x16 inches oils on canvas Started April 10th, 2024 A very large great blue heron was on the rocky shore of...