Wednesday, December 18, 2019

#0750 "Afternoon Stratocumulus"

This is the sky looking eastward from the front yard of Watershed Farm in the late afternoon. I was planning on doing some inside work but there was a large scale power failure that was probably linked to the strong and gusty winds. Not being able to vacuum the house, I decided to paint. I enjoy cleaning the house but I enjoy painting more.

It was really windy so I was glad to put a small canvas on the easel so that it would not become a sail. I set up in the lee of the house so I would not be blown away. The September sky was fairly unstable and the momentum from the upper atmosphere was readily transferred to the ground.

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2851 "Water Stalker"

#2851 "Water Stalker" 20x16 inches oils on canvas Started April 10th, 2024 A very large great blue heron was on the rocky shore of...