Sunday, October 11, 2020

#2394 "Talon Chute"


Talon Chute is a waterfall on the Mattawa River and one of five important portages. It is located at the south-eastern end of Lake Talon about 2 kilometres east of the community of Blanchard's Landing. The Chute is accessible only from the water or on foot. It features a water control dam and was once the site of a brucite marble mine. 

My son and I paddled up to have a closer look at the tremendous amount of water that tumbled through the narrow channel. That is why we portaged the dam. 

I had returned to painting some wonderful memories since COVID-19 required self-isolation. I was using the rough side of an historic piece of masonite. An artist friend had passed away and his spouse offerred me his remaining panels to use. I promised to use them all in his memory. This was a studio work because the summer sun and heat were oppressive. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

#2851 "Water Stalker"

#2851 "Water Stalker" 20x16 inches oils on canvas Started April 10th, 2024 A very large great blue heron was on the rocky shore of...