Sunday, January 24, 2021

#2442 "Summer Side Sunflower"


I wanted to try painting a younger sunflower bloom in full afternoon sunlight. I was thinking of the Gordon Lightfoot song and album the "Summer Side of Life" which was released in September 1971. Linda and I would see Gordon Lightfoot at Queens University. We also went to a Stevie Wonder Concert at Queens. Those were great performances. 

Life is made up of choices everyday. I strive to base my decisions solely on merit. The packaging is not what creates the way forward. It is important to choose wisely. I try to pick the happy, positive, creative and sunny side of life. Like the sunflower I turn toward the light. I have the solar panels to prove it. 

Vincent would have loved to paint those flowers. I know I did. I used a small smooth panel and broad, rough brush strokes. I used a lot of paint too. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

#2851 "Water Stalker"

#2851 "Water Stalker" 20x16 inches oils on canvas Started April 10th, 2024 A very large great blue heron was on the rocky shore of...