Tuesday, January 26, 2021

#2443 "October Sunset on the Sunflowers"


I wanted to try this painting of a mature sunflower bloom in full afternoon sunlight again. "Sister Golden Hair" by America came on the stereo as I laid in the first bit of colour. The timing was perfect. 

I had already visited this inspiration in #2434 "October Sunflowers". I notice that my dyslexia comes through in the chronological numbers applied to my painting of the same sunflower blooms. 

Vincent would have loved to paint those flowers. I know I did. I used a small canvas and broad, rough brush strokes. I used a lot of paint too.

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

#2850 "Mrs Blue Bird"

#2850 "Missus Blue Bird" 14 (height) X 18 (width) inches oils on canvas Started April 3rd, 2024 I have constructed several hundred...