Wednesday, March 3, 2021

#2455 "Sapling Shadows"


After finishing #2454 "Singleton Sugar Maple", I took a few steps to the west and turned to look northeastward keeping the January sun on my back. The overcast clouds had broken wide open and I decided to paint the resultant lines of shadows across the snow cover. The sun felt good on my back. The break in the clouds did not last long. 

The maple saplings were everywhere struggling to get a bit of sunlight during the growing season. The forest canopy creates an overcast of leaves during the summer. Small trees struggle for a few rays of energy with which to survive. Several deer and a rabbit had left their trails in the snow as well. I thought it would be a fun exercise to paint the scene and I still had some painting energy left. 

Sadly, the hole in the overcast of low cloud was short lived. It lasted maybe 30 minutes but that was long enough to lay in the sketch. There were faint lines of shadows across the snow even after the clouds returned. 

I used my tractor to lift and transport my portable "Art Studio on a Pallet". 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

#2851 "Water Stalker"

#2851 "Water Stalker" 20x16 inches oils on canvas Started April 10th, 2024 A very large great blue heron was on the rocky shore of...