Saturday, April 10, 2021

#2470 "February Singleton Stratocumulus Sunset"


I thought that I would pick up my palette again a couple of hours later than #2469 "February Afternoon Stratocumulus". There was some clearing to the west that lined up with the setting sun. The break in the back lit clouds allowed the light to shine through to brighten up the sunset. I wanted to capture the colours of the back lit sunset clouds as well as the Singleton ice. The clear blue sky above was evident in breaks between the streets of stratocumulus. The skies would clear and it was going to be a chilly, winter night. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

#2853 "Song Sparrow Sing"

#2853 "Song Sparrow Sing" 20x16 inches oils on canvas. Start Monday, April 15th, 2024 I could almost hear the song of the sparrow ...