Thursday, April 8, 2021

#2469 "February Afternoon Stratocumulus"


I was out painting with the birds on a Tuesday afternoon in early February. There were about eight trumpeter swans out on the ice. The smaller birds were busy with the feeding stations and the seed that I scattered under the red cedar. The Bird Men and I wear the same wardrobe so the birds landed on me while I painted. I think it is fun but some think that I have a very low fun threshold. Ice and snow are not just white as they take up the reflected colours of the environment. The challenge of the artist is to see those shades of light and dark. 

My easel was set up on the ridge beside the red cedar. I was painting the afternoon clouds. It does not take much to amuse me so we are doing just fine during another lockdown of the COVID pandemic. Each Bird Man rotates with the wind so that the birds can easily land on the outstretched, carved wooden hands with their flaps up. 

I would visit this sky a couple of hours later in #2470 "February Singleton Stratocumulus Sunset". 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

#2853 "Song Sparrow Sing"

#2853 "Song Sparrow Sing" 20x16 inches oils on canvas. Start Monday, April 15th, 2024 I could almost hear the song of the sparrow ...