Sunday, June 27, 2021

#2507 "Rainy Days and Sundays"


My Dad tried to never work on a Sunday. There were of course demands and some exceptions but not many. He loved to read non fiction and Sunday was the day to quietly learn. Genetics are interesting and mysteriously they express themselves in the next generation and probably and hopefully even further. I also love Sundays. I try to keep them quiet and fun. I read nonfiction as well. 

I also love rainy days. Rain is important for the environment and the liquid washes the dust off everything including the solar panels. 

I was up early and the direct beam from the Sunday sun had found a path to illuminate the Singleton shores. The cloudy skies overhead were in advance of a weakening cold front that would transform into a warm front. Patches of rain coupled with short waves of atmospheric energy would follow the fronts for the next few days. But for a few minutes at sunrise on this Sunday in early May, the light was golden. The rain was on the western horizon. It was going to be a beautiful day.

I was reading Mark Carney's book on Value and Values. It was a challenging read with so many concepts packed into each sentence. Those ideas pave a path for a sustainable future - a path that the world was not yet following. 

You might recognize the title as being similar to a 1971 song by the Carpenters "Rainy Days and Mondays". Karen had a haunting voice on these rather sad lyrics. My thoughts were much happier and positive when I named the painting. 

  • "Talkin' to myself and feelin' old
  • Sometimes I'd like to quit
  • Nothin' ever seems to fit
  • Hangin' around
  • Nothin' to do but frown
  • Rainy days and Mondays always get me down"
For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2851 "Water Stalker"

#2851 "Water Stalker" 20x16 inches oils on canvas Started April 10th, 2024 A very large great blue heron was on the rocky shore of...