Sunday, October 24, 2021

#2545 "Kingston King Street West"


I was remembering another September Day twenty years before. 

I decided to paint with the sun on my back looking toward King Street West and the Kingston Penitentiary. I did not even move my easel from where I painted #2544 "Toad of Portsmouth Harbour". Some of those homes that front King Street West were really close to the traffic on the street. 

Unlike that blue bird sky twenty years previous, this September sky was occasionally filled by cumulus congestus. One of these convective towers actually produced a few drops of rain. The southwesterly flow off Lake Ontario keep the temperature very comfortable.The warm front had already moved to the northeast of Portsmouth Harbour and had been marked by some bands of cirrostratus. 

These small and smooth panels encouraged me to just lay the correct colours in and then leave them alone. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

#2851 "Water Stalker"

#2851 "Water Stalker" 20x16 inches oils on canvas Started April 10th, 2024 A very large great blue heron was on the rocky shore of...