Wednesday, December 15, 2021

#2565 "Past Prime Sunflower Bouquet"

#2565 "Past Prime Sunflower Bouquet"
20x16 Gallery Wrap Canvas

It was raining hard outside so I spent the morning painting flowers... that keeps me happy! I might have even been channeling Vincent Van Gogh (30 March 1853 – 29 July 1890) ). After all, as Vincent once declared "It is a painter's duty to become absorbed in nature."

These flowers came with my Brother and his wife to our Thanksgiving Weekend Euchre Tournament. They were starting to fade which made them perfect for a painting. Vincent would have loved to paint those flowers. I know I did. 

"The sunflower is mine, in a way" said Vincent Van Gogh. I know that he would share though. I almost share my birthday with Vincent except that his was 100 years earlier than mine.

I was interesting in the reflections and refractions of the stems in the water and the glass. I stayed very loose with the brush and the paint. I also shaped and sized the subject to better fit the canvas - that is artistic licence and is OK. I used up all of the paint that was on both of my studio palettes on this 20x16 gallery wrapped canvas. 

I was still swimming... now that is climate change - Friday October 15th, 2021. I had not missed a day in the lake since May 15th. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2852 "Male Belted Kingfisher"

#2852 "Male Belted Kingfisher" 14x18 inches oils on canvas Started April 3th, 2024 The Belted Kingfishers are a favourite bird wit...