Friday, December 17, 2021

#2566 "Sunflower Bouquet Last Daze"

#2566 "Sunflower Bouquet Last Daze"
16x20 by 1.75inches

It was still raining hard outside so I spent the morning painting flowers again ... I was still channeling Vincent Van Gogh. These flowers came with my Brother and his wife to our Thanksgiving Weekend Euchre Tournament. 

The sunflower blooms were really starting to deteriorate which made them even better for a painting. I took them out of the vase and laid them on an incline on the table. The blooms sagged with simple gravity and were becoming part of the table. 

Vincent would have loved to paint those flowers. I know I did. I used a lot of paint too. I plan to do a series of paintings of these sunflowers at different stages of growth and even decay. Life is good. 

"The sunflower is mine, in a way" said Vincent Van Gogh. I know that he would share though. I almost share my birthday with Vincent except that his was 100 years earlier than mine. 

The cold front was going through this afternoon and I think this will be my last day for swimming in the lake for 2021 - October 16th... now that is climate change. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

#2852 "Male Belted Kingfisher"

#2852 "Male Belted Kingfisher" 14x18 inches oils on canvas Started April 3th, 2024 The Belted Kingfishers are a favourite bird wit...