Tuesday, April 5, 2022

#1231 "Magnetawan Morning"

#1231 "Magnetawan Morning" 11x14

I headed out early to paint. My friend and fine artist Lawrence Nickle was going to rendezvous later. 

The deer flies were really active even at 6 am. I set up my easel at a little opening just upstream from the falls were Lawrence and I would meet later in the day. As I painted to the swirl of deer flies and the cedar wax wings fluttering in the bushes at my feet, I heard a lot of sloshing sounds in the water. I knew it was a very large creature and guessed what it might be. I did not see the bull moose until it was in the middle of the lake to my right. My camera battery died at that very moment but I still managed a couple of images. 

This is the reality and beauty of plein air. Expect the unexpected and surround yourself with nature and inspiration. 

Bull Moose feeding

I used this very same title for another painting (by accident) #1141 "Magnetawan Morning". It can be a challenge sometimes to have unique titles but I try....  

Finished and the sun was getting higher

Lawrence Nickle's Mobile Studio

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2852 "Male Belted Kingfisher"

#2852 "Male Belted Kingfisher" 14x18 inches oils on canvas Started April 3th, 2024 The Belted Kingfishers are a favourite bird wit...