Friday, April 22, 2022

#2625 "Listening to the Sap Drip"

#2625 "Listening to the Sap Drip"
20x16 inches oil 

As I started to get into the artistic zone with this painting, I slowly became aware of the sounds in the Singleton Sanctuary. The steady drip of the sap into the bucket suddenly became loud and the drum beat for the brush strokes. The sun had just come out and the trees responded to the warmth. My friend, the red shouldered hawk flew over and screeched at me. I heard the trumpeter swans conversing in the open waters of Jim Day Rapids. I could also hear the sounds of the wind through the trees but this day the wind chill was minimal. The sun felt delicious on my back. There was not a biting insect to be seen or felt. Maybe I don't need hearing aids... Turkey vultures are silent and I could not hear them anyway but I did see the very first above the Singleton Sanctuary - the earliest ever and a couple of weeks ahead of their average return to paradise. 

Water vapour image revealing shallow frontal
wave rippling along the quasistationary front
bringing rain to melt the snow

I wanted to capture the feel of a maple syrup spring. Rain was on the way and this snow would not last long. I left my glasses in the Singleton Studio as I did not wish to see any details. The shagbark hickory that I included in this composition is one of my favourite trees. We went to great effort to preserve and protect a very large and old shagbark hickory in front of our home. It is possible to live in harmony with nature when enough is more than enough. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

#2852 "Male Belted Kingfisher"

#2852 "Male Belted Kingfisher" 14x18 inches oils on canvas Started April 3th, 2024 The Belted Kingfishers are a favourite bird wit...