Saturday, May 14, 2022

#2635 "Spring in the Maple Woods"

#2635 "Spring in the Maple Woods"
14x11 inches oil

The rain looked like it would stay just to the south of Singleton so I headed out into the Singleton Forest Sanctuary. 

It felt warm on my back when the sun occasionally broke through the cumulus clouds... otherwise it was pretty chilly with the westerly winds and the temperature of only plus 5 Celsius. The snow had all melted and the earth tones of wet leaves and soil dominated the forest floor. I had left my glasses in the Singleton Studio as I did not wish to see any details. It worked. The oils flowed for me and the Plein air experience was pure joy for me. 

I was tempted to work more on the sap buckets but aside from a few highlights, I left the plein air work as it was finished in the forest. Step away from the easel… start a new painting if you must, in order to extinguish the urge to paint more. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

#2851 "Water Stalker"

#2851 "Water Stalker" 20x16 inches oils on canvas Started April 10th, 2024 A very large great blue heron was on the rocky shore of...