Friday, June 24, 2022

#2651 "Singleton April Sunset Cumulus Fractus"

#2651 "Singleton April Sunset Cumulus Fractus"
18x22 inches oils

This sunset was from 7:50 pm on Thursday April 21 - a couple of days after #2649 "Singleton Cold April Showers" and the cold front accompanying that painting. Cold northerly winds were still on the agenda with the high pressure over north-western Ontario. The spring sun was getting stronger though and igniting some daytime cumulus in the unstable boundary layer of the cold air mass. 

I liked the colours in the fragments of the dissipating cumulus and the light as it peaked through the still barren trees. Those facts plus the Langmuir streaks in the ice free waters of Singleton Lake were enough reasons for me to commit the sunset and the many fluids therein to oils. The colours and the shapes were real. I might enhance nature a bit but I never make anything up. 

"Beyond the Sunset" by Hank Williams was still playing in my mind as I painted. The lyrics of the song struck a cord with me. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

#2851 "Water Stalker"

#2851 "Water Stalker" 20x16 inches oils on canvas Started April 10th, 2024 A very large great blue heron was on the rocky shore of...