Monday, January 30, 2023

#1829 "Red Oak Sunrise"

#1829 "Red Oak Sunrise"
10x8 oils on rough panel

My chores were done so I headed out to paint. I seldom leave the property so as a result, I have painted this stand of trees overlooking Jim Day Rapids before. But every day is different. The early morning light on the red oaks is what caught my eye. The little cove was in shadow. The warm sun was on my back. It felt good as I stood looking toward the southwest across the significant current of the rapids. 

The very coarse panel was hard on my brushes. The different texture does add to the effect of the painting though. Maybe the end result is worth the wear and tear on the bristles. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels.

Warmest regards and keep your paddle in the water,

Phil Chadwick


No comments:

Post a Comment

#2854 "Eastern Meadowlark"

#2854 "Eastern Meadowlark" 14x18 inches oils on canvas Started April 19th, 2024 Sadly, I rarely see a meadowlark anymore within th...