Sunday, February 19, 2023

#2731 "Lyndhurst Estate Road"

#2731 "Lyndhurst Estate Road"
16x20 oils on stretched canvas

I went for a paddle to Lyndhurst on Sunday, October 23rd, 2022. The waterways get quiet after Labour Day and I was all by myself. The water was like glass and I was intrigued by the reflections of the cottages along Lyndhurst Creek. I much prefer the slow-lane approach to life. A paddle or a walk through the forest reveals more of nature and the beauty of the area and is silent as well. 

Estate Road branches northward from Red Horse Lake Road
and parallels the western shore of Lyndhurst Creek
The featured cottage is owned by my friends Pam and Neil. They always have a friendly word to share when I go paddling by. They watch for me and comment when they have not seen me paddle by for a while - nice people. 


I wanted to attempt something different without having to stand outside in the raw breeze and the cold and damp. Early January is a fine time for work within the Singleton Sanctuary Studio in front of the Pacific Energy wood stove. I used a lot of paint on this canvas and quite enjoyed the hours inside while the January wind howled. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels.

Warmest regards and keep your paddle in the water,

Phil Chadwick


No comments:

Post a Comment

#2854 "Eastern Meadowlark"

#2854 "Eastern Meadowlark" 14x18 inches oils on canvas Started April 19th, 2024 Sadly, I rarely see a meadowlark anymore within th...