Saturday, April 29, 2023

#2758 "Singleton Autumn Bluebird Sunrise"

#2758 "Jim Day Sunrise Steam Fog"
8x10 inches oils on canvas

It was a mixture of snow and light rain outside so I did not have any plein air options. As a result, I decided to paint in front of the wood stove, listening to tunes and pretending that I was outside on the bluebird of a day. 

I had recorded this vista before in #2711 "Jim Day Sunrise Steam Fog" but this view is more southerly and I decided to give it a looser, plein air treatment. . 

On that day, I knew that the wind would develop by mid-morning when the radiational inversion broke down, so I decided to head out for a paddle around Singleton Lake while the water was like glass. The air was cold enough to support steam fog. It had been a while since I painted steam devils so I thought that it would be good to try them again. The story can be found in the title. This is looking southeastward around 7 am in the morning. 

I did manage to paddle around Singleton before the southwesterly winds picked up. Life is very good. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels.

Warmest regards and keep your paddle in the water,

Phil Chadwick


No comments:

Post a Comment

#2854 "Eastern Meadowlark"

#2854 "Eastern Meadowlark" 14x18 inches oils on canvas Started April 19th, 2024 Sadly, I rarely see a meadowlark anymore within th...