Saturday, November 9, 2019

#2287 "Georgian Bay Warm Sector Winds"

The first line of warm frontal thunderstorms had moved to the east. There was a small break in the wall of weather.
I decided that I could try another sketch from the porch of Canine Cove Cabin before the next line of showers moved through. The winds had veered to southerly and the low level stratocumulus were whipping across Parry Island and Georgian Bay. Darker and higher bands of altostratus with the warm conveyor belt were aligned perpendicular to the southwesterly winds. Every line in the atmosphere is actually a deformation zone. All of the sky was grey with moisture.

I included some details of the cottages on the far shore. I had to retreat occasionally into the cottage as showers continued on and off for a few hours. I allowed some of the crimson red of the tinted panel to sparkle through. As has been my custom for a few years now, I scratched my signature in the thick and vert wet oils with a toothpick. Done...

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2854 "Eastern Meadowlark"

#2854 "Eastern Meadowlark" 14x18 inches oils on canvas Started April 19th, 2024 Sadly, I rarely see a meadowlark anymore within th...